ASSASSIN'S CREED JACK THE RIPPER
Released dec 15, 2015 on PS4, Xbox One and PC
Developed by Ubisoft Montpellier, France
Senior Designer during 12 months (nov 2014-nov 2015)
Assinssin's Creed Syndicate Jack The Ripper is a DLC loosely based on the notorious crimes committed by the serial killer in the Whitechapel area of London in 1888.
Design owner of the missions #2 (The Unfortunates) and #3 (The Lady Talks aka. The Manor):
Help the team
- Create the overall narrative structure, work with the writers and supervising the dialogues.
- Work with the cinematic team and supervising storyboards to have seamless transitions between cinematic and gameplay.
- Defined the complete layout for one of the two new locations made especially for the DLC: The Manor. Analyzed the architecture of classic english manors and gardens for realism purposes. Respect of the gameplay metrics for the best experience.
- Work with the sound designer to set up the atmosphere wanted by the Creative Director.
- Mission scripting in a powerfull nodal tool.
in many ways:
- Help designing the Fear System with game designers and gameplay programmers by giving constant feedbacks and making test maps.
- Create benchmarks tutorials (guidelines, scripting) for all the DLC tutorials.
- Design follow-up on the main game (AC Syndicate) design changes and communication to the Montpellier team. Especially on the "black box" maps.
- Define guidelines and best practics on lots of level design elements (scripting, guard station set up, ...)
- A detailled post mortem at the end of production